Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kitchen Curtains

For the last couple days I have been running all over town trying to find new curtains that I like for my kitchen.  Who knew this was going to be such a hard task!?!  My problem is that I have a larger double window in the same room that I wanted regular panels for but then I also wanted a "matching" material for the smaller window above the sink.  I must say there are some awful "kitchen" curtains out there.  Do they think since it's the kitchen it has to be a total different style than the rest of our homes.  So after many purchases AND returns I decided to alter a panel & make the curtain that I really wanted.  I am thrilled with the end result & it "matches" the panels on the larger window perfectly.  The best part is I only spent $12.00 per panel at Lowes.  Yay . . . I love it & it was cost effective.  I can also untie the ties & drop the panel down if wanted.  My husband likes it too although he still doesn't know why I HAD to replace the old curtains, which I made about 10 years ago. Apparently he doesn't "get tired" of decor quite as quickly as I do.  LOL!

Here is what the original panel looked like:
(These are hanging on the same wall @ the larger double window)



And here is the altered version:

1 comment: